From September 2021, a new statutory EYFS Framework was introduced. The introduction of this new framework has meant that schools and Early Years settings have been required to update their curriculum, planning and daily practices to bring them into line with this new statutory guidance.
These changes have been introduced to;
- Improve outcomes at age 5, particularly in early language and literacy
- Reduce workload such as unnecessary paperwork, so staff can spend more time with the children in their care
Under the new framework, the 7 areas of learning and development remain the same. These are;
The 3 Prime Areas;
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
The 4 Specific Areas;
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
As a result of these changes, our Reception curriculum is currently under review and our new curriculum will be published at half-termly intervals on our website.
Please click the links below to view our new Reception curriculum documents. Please ask Miss Wright or Miss Etchells if you would like to find out more about Reception's curriculum.