Starting School - New to Reception 2023
Dear parents and carers,
Welcome to Stalyhill Infant School! We are absolutely delighted that you are considering us to be your child's first school and we hope to be able to meet you all in person very soon and welcome you properly to the Stalyhill Infant School family!
We fully understand what an important job finding the right school for your child is, and we hope that the information here on our website will support you to make that choice.
Some of the key pages of our website that we recommend you spend some time exploring are;
- SEND (found under Key Information)
- How we keep your child safe (found under Key Information)
We very much hope you will choose Stalyhill Infant School and we look forward to meeting you all and working in close partnership with you to provide the very best education and care for your children. We are a very friendly and approachable team and will always do our best to resolve issues, answer questions and allay fears.
See you soon!
New to Reception - Parents Welcome Information
Below you will find a link to a YouTube video showing a full tour of our school.
We hope that the video gives you a clear insight into the layout of our school building and the learning opportunities that we offer at Stalyhill Infant School.
Some key points to remind you about;
- Our Reception classroom is a large, open-plan space that holds all 60 Reception children meaning that children from both classes still have the opportunity to play, learn and interact with each other daily.
- Our Reception class also has it's own outdoor learning area that is not shown in the video. This is used as part of learning time and not for lunch or breaktimes.
- The cloakrooms and toilets in Reception are all self-contained within the one room so the only time the Reception children need to leave the main room is to eat lunch and access the playground.
- Each class is led by a teacher and, in Reception, there are also 2 full-time teaching assistants.
- All Reception children play on the main playground at break times and lunch times every day and lunch is eaten in the hall.
Now please enjoy our Stalyhill Infant School video tour. We are very proud of our school and hope that you choose to join us soon!
At Stalyhill Infant School, we pride ourselves on the quality of learning experiences and opportunities we provide for our children.
As an Infant school we are able to solely focus on the EYFS and KS1 and ensure that we build strong foundations for learning in all our children, enabling them to move forward successfully as learners as they leave us and move on.
We focus heavily on the skills of being a learner, we discuss the value of making mistakes, we recognise that learning can at times be difficult and we celebrate the journey that we take whilst learning and not just the final outcome itself.
We want our children to be curious, inquisitive and questioning of the world around them and therefore we provide learning opportunities that are based around challenge, investigation, first-hand experiences and practical learning.
To find out more about the curriculum we offer, please take a look at all the curriculum information on our website which you can find under the 'Curriculum' tab at the top of the main home page.